Welcome to Labour For Reddish!

This Blog is for any resident of Reddish/member of the Reddish community. Through this Blog we hope to promote our activity in Reddish and communicate with residents/constituents in order to create a future for Reddish that is 'Fair for All'.



.

Thursday 4 March 2010

An Introduction from your Local Councillor: Walter Brett...


Hello, I’m Walter Brett, it has been a great honour to have been one of your Local Labour Councillors since 2002. I have been a member of the Labour Party for more years than I care to remember! I certainly remember canvassing for Colin Foster in the Old Road Ward sometime in the early 1970’s. Why did I join the Labour Party? I believe Labour Governments have been responsible for the greatest achievements of the past from establishing the National Health Service in the 1940’s to the introduction of the Minimum Wage under Tony Blair. The Labour Party believes in fairness and equality and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment